When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your London Wedding when making any enquiries.
The Pantone Colour Institute has announced their colour of 2020 is the beautiful 'Classic Blue' but can we all wear this cool toned colour?
Helen Venables, managing director of House of Colour explains how to wear Classic Blue with style at your wedding, engagement party or on your honeymoon:
1. Many of the fashion designers already had Classic Blue in their Spring 2020 runways including Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga and Marni, and the Royals seem to be already well ahead of the game. This fresh colour trend was chosen by The Pantone Institute to instil "Calm, confidence, and connection" to highlight "Our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era". Think of a rich blue early evening sky before it darkens to Dior's midnight and you've got Classic Blue!
2. If you are warm toned, whilst you suit yellow tones more than blue tones, we all have a blue that suits us. Autumns look gorgeous in Heliotrope and Kingfisher for example. As Classic Blue sits between Bright Blue and Navy, Blue Springs can wear this hue. Summers suit Delph and Cornflower so will look fabulous in Classic Blue teamed with reds, greens or pinks, or blended in a chic monochrome look with other blues. Royal and Cobalt Blues will give Winters wonderful opportunities for contrast with neutrals or other colours in your colour palette.
3. As the belle of the ball, Classic Blue looks incredible as a striking block colour dress but will also look incredible in swimwear on honeymoon because it is a colour that whispers stylish simplicity and is perfect for being at one with the water.
4. Classic Blue may not be the make up choice for all of us but a thin sweep over the top eyelid line especially if you are a Spring, Summer or Winter, or as a nail varnish choice will reveal your savvy fashion credentials. Don't forget the finishing touch, a great red lipstick! A true red will work well with Classic Blue.
5. Whilst I dislike any gender stereotypes, most men I know do love a blue so if they rate well in it, Classic Blue suits, knitwear, ties and shirts will also be out in the shops imminently.
6. For any pre-wedding engagement, add a pop of colour with Classic Blue heels or pumps contrasting with denim jeans.
7. Alternatively, using Classic Blue in your accessories including gloves and scarves or in a chunky necklace will give a powerful punch. Elegant in its simplicity, Classic Blue bags will be hurrying their way to the shelves so perhaps opt for a slouchy bag or a dramatic framed shoulder bag with a chain, depending on your best style.
For more information visit houseofcolour.co.uk | store.pantone.com/uk
Unlike a national magazine, Your London Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your London Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here