When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your London Wedding when making any enquiries.
Our winter wedding has been postponed to summer. How can I adapt my heavy, long-sleeved dress?
With so many weddings rescheduled during the pandemic, many brides are finding themselves with a dress that they think won't work for a different time of year. Don't panic, as bridalwear specialists there are a number of ways we can alter your dress to suit the season...
- If your sleeves are lined, we can remove the lining to make them lighter.
- We could change the style of the sleeve. For example, making them shorter or removing them altogether.
- If long sleeves are an integral part of the design, then we could remake them using a lighter fabric such as chiffon or soft lace.
- A more creative idea would be to make the sleeves detachable. You can then remove them completely and reattach them in the evening when it gets colder.
- The fabric used to make most wedding dresses is not heavy, but there can be many layers contributing to the overall weight. Ask your seamstress to remove a few layers to make the gown more breathable.
Irina Merkulova | Lace and Button | www.laceandbutton.co.uk
Unlike a national magazine, Your London Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty,
hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your London Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here.