Looking to incorporate this year's Pantone Colour of the Year Ultra Violet into your big day? Helen Venables, managing director of House of Colour explains how to do it with style:
1. There are a huge range of purple shades but not everyone will suit ultra violet. Whether you're the bride, groom, a member of the bridal party or a guest, those that suit autumn and winter tones will look gorgeous in ultra violet, but summer and spring types need to take care! Springs should try a warmer, lighter violet and summers will look their best in plum and amethyst.
2. Be bang on trend and add impact to your wedding gown by choosing ultra violet for your bouquet. It doesn't have to be overpowering and looks gorgeous subtly infused and interwoven into your wedding flowers. Try purple lizianthus, allium purple sensation, purple freesias or alstroemerias or stunning purple calla lilies.
3. For maximum style points, use ultra violet as part of your colour scheme for wedding favours, napkins, flowers and candles. For those in the know, it won't go unnoticed. For everyone else, this regal colour will just be adding to the occasion.
4. Ultra violet can be as daring as you want it to be. Use it in your hair accessories or a gorgeous pendant. For the more daring, how about ultra violet shoes under a long gown for guests to catch a glimpse of what makes you, you?
5. Grooms and groomsmen can ooze style with this accent colour on their tie, cravat, cummerbund or waistcoat. Wedding guests should watch out too for blouses, capri trousers, dresses and skirts making an appearance in the colour of the year this spring and summer.
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your London Wedding when making any enquiries.
Unlike a national magazine, Your London Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your London Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here