Here is a selection of Q&As from Your London Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Raise a glass
Q. We're planning a large wedding with lots of guests when it's safe to do so, but we're worried about how to ensure it runs smoothly on the day. My friend recommended a toastmaster, but what services do they provide?
A. Sonal Dave says: I can add value and support in many ways, here is a list of services a toastmaster can offer…
- We can make all announcements at your wedding, including making sure you and your partner are ready before announcing you in.
- We work with your suppliers to ensure everything is running to time, and if there are any delays, we will manage them. We ensure everything front-of-house is running to plan and any last-minute requests are managed.
- We make sure all your speakers are ready with their scripts and check if they want to sit or stand before announcing them.
- We add gravitas to an event with our splendid outfit, personality and engaging interaction throughout.
- We're on-hand to guide guests to where they should be. If possible, we can explain in other languages to help your guests understand what's happening.
- We allow you and your loved ones to enjoy the event without stress.
- A toastmaster is not a member of the bridal party, a friend or relative, we have undergone training and mentoring to ensure we provide the best service for your wedding. We're a safe pair of hands to ensure you have the special wedding you've planned for.
Sonal Dave,Sonal Dave
Alright on the night
Q. We're looking at options for on-the-day coordination and we're a little confused - what's the difference between a toastmaster and an event coordinator?
A. Sonal Dave says: Sonal says: Your event coordinator will have met with you to discuss your requirements and on the day will be focussing on the set up of the actual event, working with all the suppliers. They will also ensure that things are set up as they should be and are ready on time. This will all be done discreetly behind the scenes.
A toastmaster will work with you and your suppliers to ensure all is ready as requested on time and they'll also focus on you and your guests, ensuring that everyone is at ease and knows where to go. They'll be available to direct and assist with any issues. Wearing the official toastmaster uniform means that the toastmaster can walk around, check things are where they should be as well as make the announcements for entrances, entertainment, speeches, food and all the other formal and informal announcements. A toastmaster is your visual spokesperson and will lend structure and gravitas, using their skills and personality to ensure that the couple and their guests are at ease.
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your London Wedding when making any enquiries.