Here is a selection of Q&As from Your London Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Cheers for the ideas
Q. We've booked a venue with no corkage charge and we're keen to keep the wine flowing all night – but what should we be stocking up on?
A. Sam Tyson says: Sam says: Knowing which wines to have at your wedding can be one of the trickiest decisions to make. Our advice, opt for crowdpleasers and everyone will be happy – here are the drinks that are trending now:
1) Rosé: while many couples just offer their guests a red or white, the growing popularity of rosé is encouraging couples to choose a third bottle. I'd suggest the elegant, sparkling Hindleap Rosé from the Bluebell Vineyard Estate in East Sussex.
2) Punch: when it comes to winter weddings, we anticipate the rising popularity of punches. They create a fabulous talking point and can be made and served in bulk, making them affordable and quirky.
3) Self-service: more and more couples are choosing to create selfservice bars, beer taps and 70s-style cocktail bars at their weddings – a trend set to rise in 2020.
4) Sustainable: people are thinking more about the world around them, and that also comes into play when they're organising their wedding days. Couples are choosing wines that didn't travel hundreds of air miles to get there, instead selecting English or European options.
5) Farewell Champagne: while Champagne is wonderful and luxurious, many couples are looking for other options that are more sustainable and unique. I anticipate English sparkling wines to continue to rise in popularity, along with cava, Crémant (French sparkling wine made just outside of Champagne) or sparkling Riesling from Germany.
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your London Wedding when making any enquiries.